How to record the session

Hi guy, I didn’t recognize how to record the session while I’m doing it!!
I supposed I’m missing one important step, do I suppose to carry on with me my phone with the app?
Or d
Is there any other device can help me out?
Many tx in advance…

Hi Fabio,

yes, you either need to have your phone with you.
You can use a waterproof bag like this: https://amzn.to/2RBjj5G
to do so. Have in mind then the best position is to carry your phone is your upper arm/shoulder.
Don’t put it under your wetsuit.

The second option is you use another device like a smartwatch or so on, that is able to either export the session in GPX format or SBP. Then you can import these files into the app and see your results.

Does it make sense?

Yup thanks, so I’m more oriented for smartwatch or similar could you be so kind to tell me few of them that already have been working with the application?
Thanks in advance

Hi Fabio,

I know that Samsung Galaxy Watches with integrated GPS are working. you need to record the session on these watches with Samsung Health App and then export as GPX and import into WindsportTracker.

For all other WearOS powered Smartwatches, you need to use also an App that can export a record in GPX format.
Garmin watches, Suunto and Polar can all export GPX files.

Apple Watch can if you have an app that can GPX a record. (but apple watch is very inaccurate)

For Fitbit, I don’t know if they have GPX export function, but there are tools where you can migrate fit files into GPX files.

At the moment I can’t recommend any because either the export doesn’t include all data (Garmin Suunto, Polar -> no speed values) or recorded data is inaccurate because the tracking interval is less. (5s --> WearOS Ghosttracer app, or guessed Points for Apple Watch) or I haven’t tested it right now (Samsung and Fitbit)

Sorry to don’t have a better option for you.
As I’m also interested in this I will let you know once I found a good solution (the latest watches already got better).

I am using this https://www.igpsport.com/igs130

1 Like

Thanks a lot for your kindly reply I will keep on eye for your next suggestion until we find something that is really good for me.

You can also use the Locosys GW60

this watch is dedicated to windsurfing. 5atm waterproof, and have with 5hz the best GPS accuracy of any watch. It’s also the officially supported watch for speed contest.

The downside is, besides the GPS tracking the watch can’t do anything else.

Hi Konrad, any issues or problems with data transfer to from the IGS130 to Windsport Tracker? It all looks good in Windsport Tracker? Thanks, Rob

for my self, at the moment I’m using the Locosys and a Garmin Fenix watch.
The transfer from Garmin into WindsportTracker is at the moment a little more work, but WindsportTracker will get support for fit files in the future.
The accuracy of Garmin watches is very good.